A committed legal professional with an unwavering career devoted to justice and integrity. Acknowledged within the community as a dedicated individual in matters of both a judicial and supportive nature for many organizations. Recipient of multiple awards in appreciation of an unwavering community loyalty. Highly effective leader with unsurpassed interpersonal skills in the midst of the ability to understand human motivation and inspire behavioral change.
BUTLER COUNTY DOMESTIC RELATIONS COURT 1999-Present
- Preside over all cases involving divorce, dissolution of marriage, legal separation, and annulment.
- Preside over cases involving civil domestic violence.
- Preside over all matters related to the termination of marriage or domestic violence, including child custody, visitation between parents and their children, child support, property division, division of debts, and spousal support.
- Served as Visiting Judge for and heard cases by assignment for the Juvenile Division.
PRIVATE PRACTICE 1991-1998
Attorney at Law – General Practice
- Effectively and successfully handled criminal, civil, juvenile, probate and domestic relations litigation and appellate matters.
BUTLER COUNTY AREA COURTS 1995-1998
Magistrate & Warrant Officer
- Presided over eviction, small claims, and civil litigation.
- Responsible for making probable cause determinations and issuing arrest warrants and court summons.
BUTLER COUNTY JUVENILE COURT 1996-1997
Warrant & Compliance Officer
- Made probable cause determinations for issuance of arrest warrants and court summons.
- Reviewed delinquency complaints for legal sufficiency.
OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL, BETTY D. MONTGOMERY 1995-1998
- Responsible for collection of judgments pertaining to unpaid state sales taxes, state income taxes, workers compensation premiums, and educational loans.
- Conduct judgment debtor examinations and garnish wages and assets.
FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE, LODGE 38 1991-1998
- Represented police officers during disciplinary hearings.
BUTLER COUNTY COURT OF COMMON PLEAS 1989-1991
Director, Victim/Witness Division
- Developed and implemented countywide victim/witness assistance program in compliance with state requirements.
- Drafted state-grant proposals and managed grant monies.
Law Clerk for the Honorable Matthew J. Crehan, Judge
- Conducted legal research and wrote draft opinions and decisions in all areas of civil litigation.
- Held probable cause hearings and made probable cause determinations for allegations of probation violations.
HAMILTON POLICE DEPARTMENT 1985-1989
Crime Prevention Officer
- Developed and implemented a variety of crime prevention programs for the City of Hamilton.
- Conducted home and business security inspections, organized and conducted neighborhood watch meetings, school drug programs grade K-12, community policing lectures, and individualized community crime prevention programs.
- Conducted routine patrol.
- Enforced state and local motor vehicle laws.
- Arrested DUI offenders, issued traffic citations, investigated accidents, impounded improperly registered vehicles.
- Arrested adult and juvenile criminal offenders for misdemeanor and felony crimes.
- Participated in undercover operations.
- Assisted in drafting police policy and procedure for Accreditation Program.
Juris Doctor, University of Cincinnati, College of Law
Bachelor Degree of Social Work, University of Cincinnati, School of Social Work
Butler County Bar Association, Member and Lecturer
Butler County Juvenile Court, Compass Lecturer
Cincinnati Bar Association, Presenter
Lakota East Mock Trial, Advisor 12 years
Ohio Asso. of Domestic Relations Judges, Member; Treasurer 2003 - Present
Ohio Judicial Conference, Domestic Relations Law & Procedure Committee
Ohio Judicial College
New Judge Orientation Program, Lecturer
New Judge, Mentor
Spousal Support, Lecturer
Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church
West Chester Citizens Police Academy, Domestic Violence Then and Now
Butler County Sheriff’s Department, Furtherance of Justice Award 2001
Lakota East High School, Above the Fold Award 2002
Ohio CSEA Directors Association, Judge of the Year 2006
Butler County Clerk of Courts, Excellence in Public Service June 2009
Alcohol Drug Addiction Services Board, 1995-2002; President 1998-2000
Butler County Juvenile Court, Multi-Disciplinary Intervention Program
Butler County Work Group Committee, 2009-2010
D. Russell Lee, Stop Dating Violence, Lecturer
Law Enforcement Training, Lecturer
Lindenwald Kiwanis Club, Member
Habitat for Humanity
Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, Member
Hope for Healthy Kids, 1997
Ohio Supreme Court, Guardian ad litem Task Force
Oxford Chamber of Commerce, Member
Senior Citizens, Inc., Board Member
St. Xavier High School, Lecturer
State of Ohio Bar Association, Member
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
West Chester Presbyterian Church, Mission Trip Juarez Mexico
YWCA, Board Member 1994-1995